About fees (tax excluded)
Setting up a company
|Establishment of Kabushiki-kaisha (joint stock corporation)
|Establishment of Godo Kaisha (limited liability company)
|Establishment of general incorporated association
|Business Manager using Tokyo Start-up scheme (plus tax, necessary expenses)
|Business Manager (business owners, managers, etc.) Plus tax, necessary expenses
|Engineer / Specialist in Humanities / International Services (mechanical engineers, interpreters, designers, language teachers in private company, workers in marketing business etc.)
|Application for issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility（COE）
|Application for change of status of residence
|Application for extension of period of stay（without change）
|Application for extension of period of stay（with change）
|Application for permission for permanent residence
|Application for permission to engage in an activity other than those permitted by the status of residence previously granted
|Application for issuance of a Certificate of Authorisation for Employment (with change)
|Application for reissuance of a residence card (Tokyo only)
|Application for naturalisation permission (It is to be applied to Legal Affairs Bureau or Regional Bureau of Legal Affairs that has jurisdiction)
The fees listed here are approximate. They vary according to individual cases, so please contact us first.
The payment process is largely the same as for an application for residence status, as described below.
- For the initial contact, please use the contact form on our website whenever possible. This ensures that your email will not be filtered into the spam folder and will reliably reach us.
- YW Legal does not offer telephone/video consultations for the following reasons.
Verbal communication can often lead to misunderstandings and potential disputes, making it challenging to convey information accurately. Furthermore, to prevent future issues, we believe that documenting all consultation details in writing is crucial.
- Therefore, at our office, we conduct consultations with our clients via email. Using email allows us to record information accurately and in detail, making it easily accessible if needed.
Please feel free to contact us via email for any questions or assistance with your procedures.
- After working out the details of your requirements, the office will send you an estimate by email.
- If you are satisfied, we will sign a contract. A deposit of 50% of the total fee needs to be paid on signing. Please note that depending on the total contract amount, full payment upfront may be required.
- As soon as YW Legal confirms receipt of the payment, the office will start preparing the necessary documents.
When the documents are completed, the office will submit them to Immigration Services Agency of Japan. You normally do not need to go there yourself*.
- YW Legal will update you on progress. When our office receives notification that the Immigration Services have completed their work on your application, you will be informed by email. You will be asked to pay the balance of your fees to YW Legal at this point. After confirmation of receipt of payment, the office will send back your passport and the new card with the required residence status by registered mail.
*On a small number of occasions, depending on the type of residence status you require, you may need to attend the Immigration Services. If attendance is requested then YW Legal are happy to accompany clients to these appointments and provide any assistance.
Applicants will be asked to cover the costs of expenses such as revenue stamps and these costs are not included in the fees. The estimate prepared by YW Legal, after the initial consultation, will include a summary of these additional costs.
Refunds of Fees
No refunds will be given if any application to the Immigration Services Agency of Japan is refused unless caused by an error on the part of YW Legal.
In the case of a refusal, you can visit Immigration Services and ask for clarification of the reasons why your application was refused. Only one visit is allowed and the applicant must attend in person. As a certified immigration lawyer, however, YW Legal can accompany you at your request for an additional cost.